Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Nursery Reveal and here comes the Party of 5

So the last few days has been BUSY!!!! Laney Bug went for week 2 of consolidation and did great with her LP procedure and chemo! Her White Blood Cell (WBC) count was very low, only 0.8, but didn't need any blood products thankfully. Sadly, she is on fever watch with her counts being so low. It also means if she does spike a fever, she will be automatically admitted which would not be fun since we are having a baby tomorrow!!!! Luckily we have only run low grade temps this weekend, but they have been a little higher today, so we are praying her fever stays under 100.4!!!! Please pray with us!


Waiting Room Fun
We have been working like crazy to get Avery Grace's room ready! My mom brought all the bedding and goodies with her, and arrived early Sunday morning. In case you haven't realized it, my Mom is amazingly crafty and talented, and has been working nonstop on the nursery bedding and cute outfits for the girls.  My awesome hubby is also an incredible decorator and designer and helped decorate and build everything! I really love how Avery's nursery turned out. We based her theme of Psalms 127, and how our kids are like arrows, and the Lord allows us to guide them and lead them. So with that in mind, the arrow theme was chosen  The wall art came from free printables from pintrest I printed myself, and I then got inexpensive frames for (all under $8 total for everything!) The maternity and family pics were taken by my amazing sister Amanda, and I also found a set of frames at Ross for those! Jerry built all the monogram letters as well! Her closet is full to the brim, thanks to my friends Allyn & Becca (who blessed us with some amazing clothes from her daughter and Addy and Alayna's hand me downs!) and the dresser was refinished by Ron as well, so the nursery was definitely a group effort
Psalm 127:4-5
Don’t you see that children are God’s best gift?
    the fruit of the womb his generous legacy?
Like a warrior’s fistful of arrows
    are the children of a vigorous youth.
Oh, how blessed are you parents,
    with your quivers full of children!
Your enemies don’t stand a chance against you;
 you’ll sweep them right off your doorstep.




I have also become rather addicted to my FitBit this week and took part in numerous different challenges with our friends.  It was so fun to exercise, walk, and run, and basically have something to keep my mind of everything else.  I went for a final run tonight, and I am slightly sad I will have to stop exercising after Avery Grace comes, but give me a month or so, and I will be right back at it, FitBit in tow!  We also GOT OUR DATE NIGHT TONIGHT!!! Dinner at Outback and grocery shopping thanks to my parents being in town lol! We both sat at dinner and thought, "Are we crazy? What have we gotten ourselves into??" but are ready for whatever the Lord wants to throw at us!


Last Run before Avery Comes (in the rain no less!)
Tomorrow we are scheduled to go in at 6am to start the induction process  Please pray they actually let me come in at 6:00AM. Sometimes they make people wait, so we are hoping that will not happen to us. I truly hate that I will be induced, but know with our chemo schedule, it is what is best for our family. We are so excited to meet our sweet Avery Grace & are still in shock that we will soon be a Party of 5! 

PRAYER LIST
1. Please pray for a smooth induction process, with a great fast delivery, and that I will be able to actually start on time tomorrow. Normally I go in the night before, so it makes me a little nervous, but know the Lord has it all planned already!!!! Also that Avery will just come with no problems and be healthy, and happy,  and go with the flow. 

Psalm 139
“Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother’s womb. I thank you, High God—you’re breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I’d even lived one day. 

2. Pray Alayna will not spike any fevers above 100.4. We know her chemo causes low grade fevers, and she only has one more day of this kind of chemo, but we would love to not have to be admitted in two different hospitals with two different baby girls. Also that she will stay happy, and will adjust to being a big sister who just happens to have leukemia.  

3.  Pray for Addyson's little heart.  Prayers as she gains another little sister, that she will adjust, and not feel unloved at all. Prayers for Alayna to feel just as loved, and for us to learn this new zone defense, in the middle of our storm, with chemo and treatment.  We are praying and believing the Lord will give us strength, and that Avery will give us Grace. Also just that the Lord would give me strength and no problems in delivery, so I can do all I need to do with three amazing little girls.  If I went quickly, I wouldn't complain at all :)

Jeremiah 29:10-11 MSG
“This is GOD ’s Word on the subject: “As soon as Babylon’s seventy years are up and not a day before, I’ll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.”

4.  Prayers for our house continue. Our goal was to have it sold before Avery, but the Lord's plans are better. We had 4 showings this week and continue to get showings, but no offers. Most people say they wish the downstairs was larger, but we can't fix that and it worked perfect for us!!! Hoping someone will fall in love with the house we loved, and there will be an offer very soon!!!
1 Chronicles 17:10 MSG
“And now I’m telling you this: GOD himself will build you a house! When your life is complete and you’re buried with your ancestors, then I’ll raise up your child to succeed you, a child from your own body, and I’ll firmly establish his rule. He will build a house to honor me, and I will guarantee his kingdom’s rule forever. I’ll be a father to him, and he’ll be a son to me. 

5. Friday is day 15 of consolidation and Alayna will receive the chemo drug Pegaspargase.  We are praying for no allergic reaction. It is VERY common at this point to react to Peg, but we are praying against any kind of reaction, and that we will have a great day 15 with a newborn in tow!!!  Please pray that Alayna's counts will continue to rise, especially her WBC's....fever watch is no joke and makes this Mama a nervous wreck!

Thanks so much for those who purchased a t-shirt! We are so excited to see everyone in their shirts and hope you send us tons of pictures....Here's the nursery reveal....we hope you love it as much as we do!

Entry Way with Sign from Avery's Shower 

Guest Bed

One of my favorite sections

Bed View

love love love

Big Bed Bedding


Love the Pallet Shelf Ron Made 


Gotta Love a ruffle crib skirt

Our Prayer for Our life right now


Thanks so much and we love you!!! We can't wait for you all to meet our sweet Avery Grace and know this is just another part of our amazing journey and story


Ron and Jenny








3 comments:

  1. I join you in prayer. The nursery is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! HEY!! If she comes before midnight she will be born on PI DAY!!!!!
    Congratulations early!!

    ReplyDelete