Saturday, February 6, 2016

He's making diamonds.....

Hello Sweet Friends! WOW!!! Can I just say wow....first and foremost we have be blown away by the support we have received...through meals, care packages, go fund me donations, and different people just giving, it's been amazing to see all the Lord has done....this is going to be a long blog post, so good luck getting through it :)

2nd Timothy 4:17
17 But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth. 18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

So wow, it's been a week since I last updated y'all....Sorry about that...let's just say that life has definitely been requiring some adjustments!!!! When we left off we had made it through Friday and the craziness of the first day of chemo....

Saturday was a relatively calm and relaxing day.....Saturday morning I got to actually take a shower in the amazing parents shower on our unit and my life was changed.....no, but seriously, it was the best shower ever.....even better than my shower at home....Also my sweet friend Kristen Becnel, whose daughter recently just fought a different kind of Leukemia and won, came and hung out with me all day!!! She brought all of us goodies and made me a binder, already organized, with various different dividers and sections that I would need to stay organized.  It was so amazing to just talk to her, knowing she had gone through the same situations and how her family has not been fighting for victory, but from it.  She gave me amazing ideas, let me vent about everything, and really just encouraged me.  The one main thing she told me was that in her life, the Word of God had never become more alive and real for them, and they clung to the word...I am also sensing this and long for time reading the word.....our amazing friends have been sending us scripture and it's amazing how much one verse can keep me going throughout the day, so keep the scriptures coming...Spending time with Kristen is definitely something I will remember and cherish and was truly blessed to have her come hang out with us....
Kristen Time!
Saturday night we spent time with the amazing Sonya and had dinner from Mrs. Ellen, and we also realized we all were representing our Action shirts...even though Alayna didn't seem too excited about the matching picture shirt...
Time with Sonya (just realized how pale she was here)

Action Representing...

On Sunday we ended up getting our CBC back and realized Alayna's counts had dropped, once again...Looking back at the pictures I posted just now, I don't think I realized how she had lost a lot color, so it should have been no surprise when they ordered blood and platelets for her....Honestly, most people get upset about having to get blood, but I am so thankful for the power of blood....Alayna has done great every time she has received blood and platelets and her color returns, as well as her energy!!!! After she got blood, we were able to color, play outside on the playground, and really just enjoy our Sunday and also have a great time visiting with Alayna...Ron and I were both hoping to maybe attend a service at Action, but due to some sickness on the home front...we would have to wait another week....on Friday night Addyson started to get sick and ended up having a stomach bug....We knew it was just Satan trying to come against us and we were not going to let him have a foothold.....although Addyson couldn't come visit, it was a great, peaceful day without too many problems...our sweet Angel spent time with us and it was much needed....I am also learning to be so thankful for relaxing days where we can just hang out and enjoy each other's company....Also, so many friends told us about how our entire congregation stopped in the middle of service to pray for our Sweet girl.....so amazing to know our entire Action Family is standing with us throughout this journey!!!
Elevator Rides

Train Time

By Monday, not going to lie, I was pretty over the idea of still being in the hospital....We are so blessed, that for the most part, we can do our treatments on an outpatient basis and I am so thankful!!!  Monday, Alayna received her second IV does of Vincristine (the main chemo she will receive this month!) and we also realized that crushing our medications and putting them in applesauce or yogurt worked so much better than a liquid medication and trying to force it down her!!! We were so thankful we found a solution, and although it is still a struggle, it is very manageable, especially if bribery is involved....definitely hate that side of it, but in the end, I am learning to pick my battles, and a little extra candy or paci time in order for her to take her medication is very worth it to me...Also our sweet friends Justin and Stefanie brought us dinner and just hung out with Ron and I...it was almost like a mini date night...We laughed, we cried....it was truly something I will always remember and exactly what our tired hearts needed
Rocking out Room 4015
On Monday, Ron also came up after working all weekend with my Mom and Jerry to completely reorganize our entire house, go through the baby clothes, and set up Avery's new nursery.....My husband and Jerry even painted furniture!!! He also let me go to target for a little while, which seriously is every Mom's dream.  By Monday night I was ready to be done with the hospital.  Monday night we had a rough night when at 4AM the nurse had trouble getting blood from Alayna's line, so that 4am wakeup call was not so fun

TUESDAY WE GOT TO GO HOME!!!! Praise the Lord, it was awesome....Although it took like forever to actually get discharged, I have never been more excited, more scared, or more ready to be home.....Tuesday was a tough day for me because we got home and nothing felt any different.  My house had been cleaned, but within a few hours having a toddler and 4 year old in a confined space, craziness ensued.  Both the girls were so happy to be together, and I was excited too, but also slightly overwhemed .  My girls were playing together, laughing, and screaming like nothing had changed.  But it had, and I knew it had, however they didn't.  I wanted to pretend like everything was still ok and that the last week was really just a dream.  Addyson also initially had a really hard time adjusting and was saying things like, "No one wants to hang out with me..." and still just doesn't really understand what is going on.  We have really tried to spend more time with her and explain, but she is 4....I'm having a hard enough time understanding all of this, how do I expect a 4 year old to? 



Wednesday and Thursday, while I worked, Ron hung out with the girls and Addy even decided she should go swimming....the pool was freezing but the beautiful weather was undeniable and she couldn't resist...We also were able to get more rules about who we could see, where we could go, and who we could be around....so that made this Mama's heart happy....the Lord has also given me strength to keep working and finding a way to still work since Ron has been home with the girls.....

Friday CHEMO fun day.....Some of you might have seen my post of Facebook, but on the way there the Lord, I heard a perfect song for our journey....the words were spot on and honestly I couldn't help but smile and dance.....In all of this craziness and adjustment, the Lord has given us this sweet peace and I just know everything is going to be ok....Already the stories and the testimonies are incredible...we have been amazed how every person, every nurse, we meet has this incredible story and we get to share ours with some many people and also praise God in all of it....As much as we don't want to be going through this, the Lord has sustained us and given us JOY! How is that even possible?  But the Lord continues to give us strength and I love that this is becoming our theme song....

"Diamonds"


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf1ARbpB0gA
Here and now I'm in the fire,
In above my head
Oh, oh, oh oh, oh, oh
Being held under the pressure,
Don't know what'll be left
Oh, oh, oh oh, oh, oh
But it's here in the ashes
I'm finding treasure

He's making diamonds, diamonds
Making diamonds out of dust
He is refining in his timing
He's making diamonds out of us

I'll surrender to the power
Of being crushed by love
Oh, oh, oh oh, oh, oh
Till the beauty that was hidden
Isn't covered up
Oh, oh, oh oh, oh, oh
Oh it's not what I hoped for
It's something much better

He's making diamonds, diamonds
Making diamonds out of dust
He is refining in his timing
He's making diamonds out of us

Oh the joy of the lord
It will be my strength
When the pressure is on
He's making diamonds

He's making diamonds, diamonds
Making us rise up from the dust
He is refining in his timing
He's making diamonds out of dust
Making diamonds out of us

I won't be afraid to shine
I won't be afraid to shine
I won't be afraid to shine
Cause he's making diamonds out of dust
Making diamonds out of us


Thanks to our sweet friend Christine, Addy had another sleepover with Ellie, and we woke up super early to drive to the clinic....we were blessed with no traffic and thanks to my awesome bestie Tiffany, Mama and Daddy got Starbucks.....when we got to clinic, met nurse Marlene who was absolutely amazing....we have been so impressed with how many amazing nurses we have met, and Marlene shared her story of how she escaped from Fidel Castro as a child and how the Lord healed her sister from Leukemia....Thankfully to our sweet childlife friend, Lauren, and nurse Marlene, Alayna completely rocked out her Port access...hardly any tears and Marlene even got her port working much better than before....Her sedation and procedure was so fast, with no tears from Alayna or from Mommy, and she was back to her normal self in no time.  Today's chemo was Methotrexate in her spine, and more Vincristine....We also got back initial cytogenetics back from day 1, and there were no abnormal  unfavorable cells PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! This was a great answer to prayer, because it allows us to stay standard risk at this time...there was also no favorable cells, which would help us get to low risk, but we know we serve a big God and there's still a chance we could get to low risk!!! So we are believing for it....Also, Friday's initial CSF results showed no leukemia once again, another big answer to prayers....Although her counts are super low (her ANC was only 240!), her hematocrit was stable at 9.7 and she only needed platelet (which were down to 17) and not blood! Which was awesome.....She was a joy to be around and we can say we survived our first day at clinic with no admission!!!!!


Psalms 28:6

Praise be to the Lord,

    for he has heard my cry for mercy.

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
    and with my song I praise him.



ready for her sedation

Waiting Room waiting game
As we continue to adjust, please say prayer for us....I find myself having less patience then I should and my girls being more winey than they should be.....I seriously do not know how I would survive without my amazing husband...he is in charge of Alayna's meds even though I am the nurse ha, and he has such a sense of calmness...the last three nights after working all day and having really bad pain in my back and ribs, he never once complained about me falling asleep at 9pm and this morning woke up early before he left for work to give Alayna her meds and cook breakfast, with my coffee waiting...He is incredible and I am so blessed with such an awesome father and husband....despite his massively growing beard......So many people wanna know when he is going to trim it....and I will also join that club.....maybe we can start a petition...Ron trim the beard committee....He said he gets so many compliments he would hate to make anyone sad by shaving it.....so who knows lol

SO HERE'S the PRAYER LIST

1. Pray that we can continue to adjust to this new normal and that this Mama won't go crazy in the middle of it all....I am on my 5th day working in a row and thankfully the Lord has continued to open doors at work so I don't miss out on treatment...but I am tired...and 34 weeks pregnant....and hurting in my back and ribs....(the complaint list continues so I will stop now) so just prayers for strength and no pain

Philippians 4:4

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God,which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

2. Pray that our house sells! We have a huge relator event on Tuesday with food, prizes, the whole shebang...and we are hoping to get lots of showing after....We have had numerous showings this week, but no offers!  So please continue to share our house link and let any realtors you know about the party.... We know one is just around the corner but we need an offer like yesterday!  We are now having to pay power at our old house, so we can show it, and it's just another expense at the moment and although we have been amazed by how the Lord has provided....we still have so many day to day expenses and Ron hasn't been able to work.....

3. Pray that Alayna's counts continue to rise and she continues to take her meds...It is a daily struggle as she figures out where the nasty medication is hidden and it's definitely hard!  Also pray that she adjusts and continues to feel great with no nausea and NO FEVERS!!!!

4. Pray for Addyson's sweet heart....She is still confused about all of this and as a 4 year old, loves to be the center of attention, and I am having trouble explaining things and dealing with the whining....Once again thankful for my husband
Time with my Big Girl

5. Finally, continue to pray for the cytogenetic results...we are believing that we can turn to LOW RISK or even better yet, NO RISK!!!!!

We love you all and I will try to keep you more updated so these blogs are so horrible long....but we love you and thank you so much for all the support...

so thankful we are all Beautiful Complete, and being refined in His timing....

Happy 34 weeks and crazy camera angles lol


Psalms 30:11-12 (The Message)
You did it: you changed wild lament
    into whirling dance;
You ripped off my black mourning band
    and decked me with wildflowers.
I’m about to burst with song;
    I can’t keep quiet about you.
God, my God,
    I can’t thank you enough.
11-12 

3 comments:

  1. Your faith is inspiring! Praying with you and your family for sweet Addyson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers for your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were created by the One who knows us best and loves us most. There are no accidents with God. He never has to say, “Oops!” Before we were ever conceived in the heart and mind of man, we were conceived in the heart and mind of God. Wanted, loved, and planned since before the world began. He had a plan in mind and lovingly, purposefully created us in response to that plan.

    I know there are days when the will of God seems completely wrong, and we simply do not understand. Every moment is charged with darkness, and our hearts are paralyzed by fear and doubt. We are treading water in the storm tossed sea of life, desperately longing to see Him walking on the treacherous waves toward us, rescue in His hand.

    It is in those shadowed moments that we must choose to trust the Plan Maker even though our faith is small and we cannot understand the plan.

    His ways are higher than our ways.

    His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.

    And one day, every one of our question marks will be yanked into exclamation points as we see that high plan as He sees it – perfect.

    For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11, NLT).

    Today is the day to set aside your meager agenda. Lay down your limited life arrangement, and look for God to meet you at the point of surrender - power and victory in His hands. Now that is a great plan. - Mary Southerland,

    ReplyDelete