Wednesday, October 17, 2012

One year down....

One year ago tonight I was a nervous wreck, IV in my arm, trying to sleep, knowing my life was about to drastically change....And I couldn't sleep...

I was younger than I am now
Had plans and dreams of what she would be like
And 3 years of my Happily Ever After in full swing....

Looking back over the last year I can now say

I have been spit up more times than I can count
Squirted, pooped on, and destroyed by every bodily excretion knowns to man

I have been kissed with wide open mouth kisses
Love the way she says "Mama"
And remember the joy I felt when she turned over on her own

I've been a working mom, a nursing Mom (literally a nurse who nurses)
And made sacrafices to my exercise plan, diet plan and every plan I have had in between

I've enjoyed cuddles and laughter
Smiles, and too many tears
Learned the importance of a good nap
Been through 12 months of diapers
And the need that every Mama has to just cuddle with her Baby

I've realized the best feeling in the world is when she lays her head on my chest, knowing she's safe
I've seen the excitement she has when I walk in the door, and the tears she cries when I leave

I've loved the moments I've heard and seen between her and her Daddy,
knowing He's all I could every ask for and imagine

We've had sleepless nights, but far many sleepful nights
And it feels like I could write a book on schedule, feeding, and what seemed to work for us

I've learned how to be a little less selfish, a little more involved, and learned the art of taking a picture quickly because someone is a mover and a shaker

We've gone from never taking a bottle (Thank you Cherie), to a world of new foods and tastes
We've learned that size is really realative, and the excitement of new words, new songs, and new smiles

And my life will never be the same....

Addyson Faith, I am forever changed...I love you so much and I cannot imagine my life without you
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET GIRL




No comments:

Post a Comment